- About Us
- Ways To Give
- Our Programs
- The COPD Crisis
BREATHE LA's Fourth COPD Conference
Sign-Up to Attend Free Event at Page Bottom
BREATHE LA is honored to invite you to join the Fourth BREATHE LA COPD Conference taking place during World COPD Awareness Month. The full-day Conference will be held on November 14 at the USC Norris Hospital’s Aresty Auditorium. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) has risen to become the third leading cause of death in the United States. It is the only syndrome among the top 10 causes of death projected to increase in the next decade. Your support will facilitate a convening of 200 COPD stakeholders who share an interest to address the devastating effects of COPD in our community and beyond.
Speakers include (more to be announced):
- Mike Feuer, Asm. 42nd District
- Christopher Cooper, MD, Professor of Medicine and Physiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA
- Guy Soo Hoo, MD, MPH, Director of Medical Intensive Care Unit Pulmonary and Critical Care Section, West LA Veterans Administration Center, BREATHE LA Board Chair
- Brian Tiep, MD, Program Designer and Medical Director of the Respiratory Institute in Pomona and Monrovia
- Dierdre Kennedy-Simington, Vice President at Polenzani Benefits & Insurance Services, LAAHU President-Elect
- Dan Buck, PEP Pioneers
- Thomas Storer, PhD, Director, Exercise Physiology Research Laboratory at UCLA; Adjunct Professor of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine
This year’s conference coincides with the release of California’s first COPD prevalence research (sponsored by BREATHE LA), as well as the launch of new advocacy and technological strategies that will improve early diagnosis and the continuum of care.
The BREATHE LA COPD Conference will draw from top civic, health and industry leaders as well as COPD patients for 150-200 attendees and an online broadcast to BREATHE LA’s nationwide COPD partners in the public and private health sectors. Exhibitors in the Aresty Auditorium corridor would engage participants with the latest approaches to COPD wellness and active lifestyles.
The conference will also feature afternoon breakout sessions with experts to facilitate dialogue and define our strategic Calls to Action. Conference speakers to be announced soon.
RSVP: Space is limited, reserve your spot today.
COST: There is no cost to attend. Continental breakfast and lunch to be provided. Parking is available in adjacent lot.
Sponsors/Exhibitor Opportunities: Sponsor and exhibitor opportunities still available. Please contact email@example.com or (323) 935-8050 x227.Live online webcast will be featured with instructions to be announced on this page. Please check back on November 14th.
Wed, 11/14/2012 - 9:00am - 3:00pm
USC Health Sciences Campus Aresty Auditorium 1450 Biggy Street Los Angeles, CA 90089
Signups closed for this Event